Problems taking tampons out

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
hannah653
Pronouns: she/her

Problems taking tampons out

Unread post by hannah653 »

Hi, I've been unable to use tampons for a very long time (current age 17) due to the pain of putting them in. As of yesterday I've sorted out how to put them in but I'm now having issues with taking them out. I've used two in the space of two days, both low-absorbancy, good quality tampons left in for about 6 hours with a heavy flow. Both have been incredibly difficult to remove, taking about 10 minutes to slowly, agonisingly yank out with the help of a bathroom mirror. Both have also left me in considerable pain for a good while afterwards, a rough sandpaper like sensation. I put the first time down to me never having done it before, but the second time was actually worse. I ended up pulling on the string so hard it almost came loose from the tampon. Everything online says this only happens if you don't leave it in long enough but I can attest that the tampons were completely full when they finally came out. Am I just cursed to not use tampons? Getting really defeated...
Any advice as to what would be the cause would be well appreciated.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Problems taking tampons out

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi hannah653,

Ow, that sounds really unpleasant! Can I ask what position you're in when you try to take them out? And are you using tampons that are fairly large?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic