Questions about vaginal canal

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
iloveeveryone
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: being "emotional"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Questions about vaginal canal

Unread post by iloveeveryone »

Hi! Thank you!

I found my vaginal canal, because the location was right and my finger came into a cool passageway. However, there were some things I found weird too, which made me feel like I was putting my finger in wrong! I want to make sure I did it right before I try inserting a menstrual cup for my next period, next month.

1. I could put only one finger in, was this because of the dryness I felt? After a while it felt too dry to even put one finger in, even though I'm on a period. (I have lube coming, I'll try anything again only then) Two fingers didn't work at all, the hole felt so small. I can't imagine a folded menstrual cup going in there! :lol:

2. About reaching my cervix: An 8 cm, 3.15 inch long finger went all in and I couldn't reach an "end" that should have been my cervix. So I should assume I have a high cervix?

3. When my finger went in the canal I felt like I had to poop and fart and pee at the same time as if the finger was disturbing both my urethra and rectum; the inserting didn't feel very comfortable. There was also a dull pain near where the finger was, for a bit afterwards, are these normal, maybe for inserting something into the vagina for the first time?
<3 <3 <3
Coral
previous staff/volunteer

Re: Questions about vaginal canal

Unread post by Coral »

Hey there!
For the first question: what you’re describing isn’t unusual. You’re right that dryness can definitely be a factor, and I’m glad that you’ve gotten some lube as that would help. Another really important factor is being relaxed. If you’re feeling uncomfortable, it’ll be a bit more difficult to insert, say, a menstrual cup.
For the second question: on average, the vaginal canal is anywhere between 3-6 inches long, so what you’re describing is also completely normal.
For the third question: feeling some discomfort is totally normal, and for some people, inserting things into their vagina isn’t pleasurable at all. In terms of feeling like you need to pee or poop, this is also not unusual. If you look at a diagram showing the side profile of a pelvis, you’ll see that the vaginal canal sits in the middle- meaning you could be putting a little pressure on your bladder or rectum, making it feel like you need to use the bathroom.
Hope this helps! :)
iloveeveryone
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: being "emotional"
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Re: Questions about vaginal canal

Unread post by iloveeveryone »

Yes, that helps so much!!! Thank you.
<3 <3 <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic