Masturbation Queries

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
GS_6
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Hetro

Masturbation Queries

Unread post by GS_6 »

So, I was masturbating and all of a sudden my vagina got wet, almost like semen and then all of a sudden a liquid gushed out from me. What happened?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Masturbation Queries

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi GS_6,

When you're aroused, the vagina produces more lubrication to help aid in any insertion (be that of a penis or other object) that might be coming. As for the other liquid you noticed, it sounds like you might have ejaculated, which is actually something that can happen to people with vaginas. You can read all about it here and see if this matches with what you experienced: Squirt: On Ejaculation
GS_6
not a newbie

Unread post by GS_6 »

During oral sex for example, would this be safe if someone was on the receiving end?
Alice M
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: my boundaries
Sexual identity: bi/pan

Unread post by Alice M »

Hi GS_6,

I'm not sure what type of safety you're asking about, please feel free to clarify if you'd like!

As far as STI risks go -- yes, unprotected oral sex does pose STI/infection risks. It does not pose pregnancy risks.

More here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
GS_6
not a newbie

Unread post by GS_6 »

Hi Alice. What I meant was if someone was giving me cunnilingus and I suddenly squirted - (with their consent of course), would the fluid that I produced cause any harm to my partner?
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Amanda F »

Hi GS_6,

Sorry for the delay! So, the fluid that is produced from squirting is a type of sexual body fluid. There's very little research on the fluid that comes from squirting and whether or not it can transmit any potential STIs that are present, but just to be safe, you could treat it as if it were possible.

All of that said, if you're already making the decision to engage in cunnilingus with your partner and have agreed that cunnilingus is safe/that you're willing to accept the potential risk of STI infection, then squirting wouldn't ADD any additional risk. Does that make sense?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic