Is this masturbation method safe?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Akari225
Pronouns: He him

Is this masturbation method safe?

Unread post by Akari225 »

Hi,

I'm a guy, 17 years old, and I like to masturbate in a kinda wierd way. What I do is lie down on my stomach and use my fingers to rub my foreskin over the back of the head of my dick. It feels really good but I'm worried it might be bad for me, especially cause I'm not really erect when I do it, I'm mostly flaccid. I can do it the normal way too, should I stop this and only do it the normal way?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Is this masturbation method safe?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Akari225,

The basic guideline with masturbation is that as long as a way of doing it isn't causing you pain or discomfort, the method you're using is fine. From what you've described, I don't see any indication that the way you like to masturbate is bad for you. Is there a certain reason why you're worried it might be?
Akari225
Pronouns: He him

Unread post by Akari225 »

That's great to hear, now I can Do it without feeling guilty. It's just That I've read things online about it being bad to not be erect when masturbating because your body doesn't associate pleasure with erections
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Great!

You know, our most important sex organ is our brain, not our genitals. The key point is that it feels good for you - whether you have an erection or not. Sure, some types of sex are easier when erect but it's pretty limiting to say there is only one "right way" to do it - you know?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic