Can’t move on

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Meggyd18
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can juggle
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight and female

Can’t move on

Unread post by Meggyd18 »

I’ve had 2 periods (withdrawal bleeds) and 7 negative tests including 2 blood tests since my pregnancy scare. I know my worries are not sound. Yet I am a very anxious person and cannot shake the fear and feeling I may still be pregnant. How do I move past these fears and realize they are not rational?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Can’t move on

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Meggyd18,

A good place to start is with this article: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?. Reading through it, are there sections that you feel apply to you?

You also mention that you're a very anxious person in general. Has that anxiety risen to a level where you've sought out mental healthcare of some kind for it?
Meggyd18
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can juggle
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She
Sexual identity: Straight and female

Unread post by Meggyd18 »

This scare has caused it to really take over my life, it’s usually not bad enough to seek mental healthcare. But yes, I am considering it! Don’t know why I can’t stop over analyzing every little ache and twinge in my body.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Seeking out mental healthcare is often a good call when we're finding anxiety is just totally taking over our life. If you need help figuring out how to access that kind of care, that's something we can help you figure out.

When you read that article I linked you to, did any of the reasons give in it feel like they apply to you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic