is my vulva normal??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sweetcreature20
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: heterosexual

is my vulva normal??

Unread post by sweetcreature20 »

Heyy guys! So this might be a silly question, because a lot of girls on here post about their “abnormal vaginas” (which are normal), claiming their labia minora is thick and longer than their labia majora. However, for me its the complete opposite, my inner labia is tiny, almost barely visible and doesn’t go all the way down around my vaginal opening if that makes sense? I’ve never seen anyone talk about this before. To add, my hymen is 2 small separate holes instead of one, and i’m scared that during my first penetration, it won’t break into 1, or that it will hurt a lot. That’s all i had to say :lol:
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: is my vulva normal??

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards, sweetcreature20. :)

All of what you're describing here -- barely visible inner labia and what's called a septate hymen -- are normal variations.

Too, know that the hymen doesn't "break" with first intercourse or any other time most of the time. Sometimes violent sexual assault can do that, or other injury, but what usually happens is just that over time -- with our without vaginal sex of any kind -- the hymen gradually wears away, and when there is more of it rather than less, it usually just stretches, usually painlessly (as it doesn't have nerve endings!) around whatever is inside the vaginal opening. In the case of a septate hymen, that'll likely be the case, too. For more info on that, you can check this out: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... urround_it

Does that make sense to you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic