Does Sex / Masturbation / arousal Smell

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Firefly
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her

Does Sex / Masturbation / arousal Smell

Unread post by Firefly »

So to begin this very odd question I have to explain that I do not have a sense of smell. This obviously means I can't smell Anything.

But I was recently watching The Witcher, and while the main character has many superhuman abilities, in one episode he said he could Smell there was Sex in a room and it kind of panicked me.

I've never had Sex but I have Masterbated and I'm suddenly very worried about the potential smells. I'm still trying to get comfortable with my body and so masterbate with underwear on and also use a pillow between my hands (super weird I know) but if I go around wearing that underwear will it smell? or will the pillow smell? (It is JUST mine that I keep hidden away so no one accidentally sits on it) or will /I/ smell?

I'm suddenly concerned I've been wandering around my aunt's house believing I've been rather sneaky but having them know Exactly what I'm up to

Are they going to walk into my room after a session and Know what I've been doing ?

A very strange question I know lol
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Does Sex / Masturbation / arousal Smell

Unread post by Mo »

This is actually a super reasonable question, I think, especially since you can't smell things yourself. I promise no one in your house has Geralt-level superhuman noses, though. :)
There is a scent to sexual fluids, although it isn't always particularly strong. Most likely, if you masturbate while wearing underwear and then wear that underwear around the house with other clothing over top of it, it's not going to be a super strong, obvious smell, but that might depend on things like the heat of the house, whether you're wearing a knee-length skirt vs pants of a thick material, etc. If your underwear feels very damp or you feel very sweaty after masturbating, that's when I'd lean more towards changing it out.
I doubt that anything you've done so far has strongly signaled that you've been masturbating, so I wouldn't worry about that too much; I suspect that if someone noticed a smell it would read more as a general sweat/body odor sort of smell, and certainly that sort of sweat/exertion scent is part of what people talk about when they mention sex having a smell to it.

If you've used the same pillow for a while and haven't been washing it, it might have a smell to it, but if it's just something you're using privately and keeping hidden away it seems less likely that someone would encounter it. If you're able to wash it, though, I'd try to do that when you can! Just like you want to make sure you're washing your underwear, it's good to wash things that sexual fluids or any body fluids are getting on. You may have luck keeping a sheet or towel around that you could wrap around the pillow when using it that would be easier to wash.
Firefly
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her

Unread post by Firefly »

Haha thank you so much ! I hope none of my family members are secretly Witcher's in disguise

Yeah I normally change out my underwear just because it gets /wet/ and feels kinda gross lol

I'm so so glad there isn't a specific sex smell, and I have been washing the pillow occasionally (and obviously keeping well hidden)

The pillow only came into play because I was scared of touching /down there/ so I'm trying to gradually remove the pillow from the equation at all lol

My weird new years resolution is to actually feel comfortable enough with my body to touch down there with skin on skin contact, not even in a sexual way, but just to do it and feel like This is My Body kind of thing
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

I think getting used to touching your body, whether that's in a sexual or nonsexual context, is a great goal; that doesn't seem weird at all! :) Do you have a sense about what's feeling uncomfortable about that right now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic