anal "training"?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: bisexual

anal "training"?

Unread post by bikinksterboy »

a while ago, I bought myself a butt plug, and when I tried it, lubed up and relaxed, it went in fine until a certain point where it couldn't go further (it was a very wide bulb in the middle) and I felt a sharp pain and bled. I tried several times varying my technique slightly, always to the same result. Now, my question is, is it possible to "work up" to the bigger toy using smaller ones, or "train"/stretch myself like people talk about sometimes? if so, is it worth it?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: anal "training"?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi bikinksterboy,

It's definitely possible to build up to larger toys, especially during a specific instance of sex or masturbation. People generally start with smaller toys, get used to it, and then switch to the next size up. As long as you're taking care to be patient and go slow (and use lots and lots of lube), doing that is a safe way of working up to, and then using, larger toys. As for whether that process is worth doing, that's up to you and how much you like doing it or how much you want to be able to use that specific toy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic