Masturbation

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Unicorn147788
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very open to everyone, friends, parents.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bi curious

Masturbation

Unread post by Unicorn147788 »

Hi I'm a 15 year old girl and I loveeeee masturbating. It's great that you can do it whenever you'd like and don't have to wait for anyone else. I try to use as many methods as I can to vary it up and keep me excited - though its clear that some are better suited to my body than others.
Anyway, I typically masturbate twice a day if I can. Once before school before I get out of bed and once in the evening before I go to sleep.
I talk to a few of my friends about this and its clear that they don't do it nearly as much as I do. So I was wondering if I was normal - okay fine everyone is "normal" but like do I have something I need to be aware of? Do I need to cut down, am I causing any damage, does anyone else do this or is it just me?
Any help would be much appreciated xxx
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Masturbation

Unread post by Heather »

Unless *you* feel like this frequency is a problem for you -- like it's getting in the way of other things you want to do or focus on in your life, or your genitals are feeling sore, for example -- then nope, there's no cause for concern here.

How often people masturbate is really all over the map, from people who do it once or twice a day to people who do it once or twice every few years. You may also find that at some times during your life you'll do it less, other times more. But no frequency is a problem unless it's a problem for that person. Make sense? :)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Unicorn147788
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm very open to everyone, friends, parents.
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bi curious

Re: Masturbation

Unread post by Unicorn147788 »

Okay thank you xxx
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out