Is this normal?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Supernatural
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Learning Artist
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Is this normal?

Unread post by Supernatural »

Im having cramping 5 days after my period ended. The cramping is in my lower stomach/uturus and also in my left ovary and also in my lower sides.

According to my period app im predicted to ovulate in 9 days.

Im just worried where im cramping 5 days AFTER my period has ended. I also cramped a little yesterday and I think the day before. So the cramping has been here since 2 or so days after my period ended. But it seems a little more stronger today.

Is this normal?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Is this normal?

Unread post by Mo »

Sometimes cramps can happen at points in your cycle when you don't expect them, so while it sounds like this may be unusual for you, it isn't necessarily a sign of a problem. My suggestion is that you make a note of how long this lasts and how intense the pain is; if you find that you're having cramps that are unusually severe based on how they normally feel for you, or if this stretch of cramping lasts for several more days without a break, you may want to check in with a healthcare provider to make sure there isn't anything else going on. Unless you're noticing either of those things though (very intense pain or extended cramps at a time you don't usually experience them), I don't think this is necessarily a sign of a problem; it may just be a case of bodies doing unexpected things sometimes.
In the meantime, we do have an article with some suggestions about how to deal with cramps if they're feeling pretty painful: Stamp Out Cramps!.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic