Girlfriend scared of getting pregnant

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Dsd23969
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He him
Sexual identity: Straight

Girlfriend scared of getting pregnant

Unread post by Dsd23969 »

My girlfriend and I are both 18 and have been together for a year and a half now. We’ve talked about sex but she think she’s going to get pregnant even with a condom and the pill. She doesn’t believe me that it’s safe. I told her I’d buy plan b if the condom broke even with birth control and she’s still scared. She thinks we wouldn’t be able to tell if it did break and then the birth control wouldn’t work. Is there anything you could share to maybe help ease her mind. She wants to satisfy each other but her fears are just getting in the way. Like I said were both 18 and HIGHLY responsible but she doesn’t wanna take the low chance at all.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Girlfriend scared of getting pregnant

Unread post by Heather »

Okay.

So, what would she like to do? Would she like to just hold off on this kind of sex until she feels differently? Or would she like to look into other options with birth control she might feel better about?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic