Need to know

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Pan
not a newbie
Pronouns: he

Need to know

Unread post by Pan »

Hi Scarlett,
I just want to know, where should i go to do sti/std test?..for this is that any specific hospital is there?..and what doctor do in sti?.is this scary?.i do know about this? For male and female there are two different hospital that we should go?? Or in one hospital male and female can give sti/std check??
Thanks you always in advance!!
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Need to know

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Pan,

The best thing is to do an internet search for a sexual health centre in your city/area. Usually, it is the same place whatever your gender, though they may have different opening times for different ages/genders. If you can't find a sexual health centre (sometimes called a GUM clinic) then you can speak to your regular doctor about getting tested.

This article tells you about the process of getting tested once you are there: Testing, Testing... Don't worry, it's not too scary or uncomfortable!
Pan
not a newbie

Unread post by Pan »

Thanks !
Another question
You provided me information about various birth control options in my previous post..thanks for that...but just want to know what kind of doctors should i visit for taking birth control pill and other BC techniques??
Should i go to gynecologist ?? Or for that any other type of doctors for this topic??
Sorry if i am bothering you!
Thanks to you always!!
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Pan,

Most of the birth control options available right now are taken by the person with a uterus - so you wouldn't be the one taking it. If you want to know where a partner can go to get birth control then yes, a gynecologist can help with that. Often, a family doctor or sexual health clinic can also provide birth control.

Of course, it is the choice of that partner if they want to take birth control or not, and what kind of birth control they choose. You can support them though by talking to them about it, going to the doctor with them if they ask, or sharing the cost if there is one.
Pan
not a newbie

Unread post by Pan »

Thanks sian for reply..
Yes i know all bc for person who have vagina...but i am gathering this information for me and my future female partner....so before any sexual activity i just want to know all this information before anything will become emergency in future
Thanks
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

What kind of doctor a future partner sees will be something that's up to her, not up to you. And if she wants and asks for help with that from you, then by all means, you can refer her here at that time and we can work with her and her unique situation.

It's simply not a sound use of our time or resources to try and advise people about hypothetical situations for partners that don't yet exist.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Pan
not a newbie

Unread post by Pan »

Hello everyone,
Hope you all are fine.. anyway i want to ask one question
Is it possible that with increasing our age penis size will increase? Or not than which factors affect penis size? ..
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Pan,

You can read all about penis size, including what things influence it and when in the lifespan it stops growing in this article: Shown Actual Size: A Penis Shape & Size Lowdown
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic