GENITAL HERPES TRANSMISSION DOUBTS

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Kll150
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Intelligence
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: He
Sexual identity: Straigh

GENITAL HERPES TRANSMISSION DOUBTS

Unread post by Kll150 »

Recently I was with a friend, she started masturbating herself in front of me while i was masturbating too. At some point I bite her ass and grab it with my hands, inmediately I started masturbating. My doubt is, could I catch genital herpes by touching her ass ( no visible sores) with my hands and then touching my penis would give me gen herpes.
That was week ago and a few days from that I started feeling itchi in the genital area.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: GENITAL HERPES TRANSMISSION DOUBTS

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kll150,

What you're describing is not a way that Herpes can be transmitted, since neither oral or genital herpes is going to be found on someone's butt. You can read more about how herpes is (and is not) transmitted here: The STI Files: Herpes.

Too, I just want to make sure: was all this activity between you two something you communicated about and consented to?
Kll150
not a newbie

Unread post by Kll150 »

Yes it was consented.
Are you sure there is no wat to catch herpes? Since that day I started feeling itchi in genital area and swollen glands-like feeling
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

To get herpes, an area of your body that is able to be infected must touch part of someone’s body that is already infected (whether or not sores are present). The parts of the body that are able to be infected include mucus membranes (like in the mouth, genitals, anus, and rectum) and areas of skin with open cuts or abrasions." Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that is not what happened in the situation you're describing. Too, did you two talk about your STI status?

If you're having symptoms that are causing pain or discomfort in your genitals, it would be best to check in with a healthcare provider to see if they can help you figure out what the cause is.
Kll150
not a newbie

Unread post by Kll150 »

Actually it happened indirectly, as my hand and mouth touched her but and then my genitals inmediately. Yes, Im considering going to talk
To my health care provider, but firstly i wanted to know if that situation was really of concern or I am just making up my mind
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Again, that is not a way that herpes is transmitted. In the future, it might help with these anxieties to talk with any partners about their (and your) STI status ahead of time. Is that something you feel you're able to do?
Kll150
not a newbie

Unread post by Kll150 »

Actually a month and a half ago, she tested negative for herpes and hiv, but i dont know if she was with someone else. You know, its strange that you have some fun with someone and suddenly that area start to feel rare
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so maybe a step that's missing here is for you two to check in about your STI status and things (like new partners) that could have changed it. Too, in the future, you can also make the choice use barriers like condoms, dental dams, and gloves, since those things help decrease the risk of STI transmission.
Kll150
not a newbie

Unread post by Kll150 »

I talked to her, she told me she had mutual masturbation with someone, no oral or penetrative sex. Does masturbate someone carry any risk of stds?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

If she means mutual masturbation in the sense that she only touched her genitals and the other person only touched theirs, then there isn't a risk of that person transmitting an STI to her. It sounds like something that might help is more information on what sexual activities pose what kind of STI transmission risks. You can find that information here: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic