Genital Sweat (Male)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
potatochipeater
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: listening
Primary language: english
Pronouns: him/he
Sexual identity: n/a

Genital Sweat (Male)

Unread post by potatochipeater »

I know that neither my partner nor myself have an infection. I'm writing in about a musty smell to pubic hair and area. I'm sure it's sweat. I have good hygene and always change my underclothes and bathe. However, that odor is always there and underwear can be damp at times. I'm not sure why this is and wonder if I need underwear that allows the area to breathe better or not. The area only itches a normal amount if at all.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Genital Sweat (Male)

Unread post by Heather »

For sure, if and when people aren't wearing underwear made from natural fibers, it can trap body odor more and create more heat, which means more sweating. So, if you don't already wear underwear made of natural fibers, that would be a thing to try.

You might also want to just try hydrating more and just check in with your general health and self-care. For example, if you've been eating poorly, your body may be reacting to that.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
potatochipeater
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: listening
Pronouns: him/he
Sexual identity: n/a

Unread post by potatochipeater »

I have seen a few companies that market what I'll call "specialty" underwear. These under shorts often cost $40.00 a pair which I think is outrageous for what it is. They have prints on them and have an area that hugs the scrotum and prevents chaffing and need to adjust. They're odor free material. I'm sure there are less expensive options but are undergarments like those worth owning a pair or two of when you can walk into any Wal-Mart and get underwear in a 3-4 pack for at least half that? I figure if I switch from breifs to shorts that the issue I mentioned won't be much of a problem.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

When I say natural fiber, I mean something as simple as plain old cotton. I mean "not polyester," which some of those fancy types can be, so that won't help with this, should this have anything to do with your underpants at all. Which it may not.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic