Question regarding pregnancy symptoms

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Senbush
Pronouns: He

Question regarding pregnancy symptoms

Unread post by Senbush »

Can pregnancy symptoms showed up as early as 2 weeks after the last period started (day 15 of the cycle)?

On the 5th day of her last cycle, we did some foreplay (oral, manual), I came in her mouth (sorry for the visual), and our genitals never came in contact with each other.

The reason I am asking this is because my GF started feeling her stomach gassy around three days ago. That night, she felt nauseous as well, and the bloating and nausea has been on and off until now. She burped quite often as well.

I know that these symptoms may likely be other stomach issues. However, I am just curious whether feeling symptoms only two weeks after the last period start is possible? If not, how early do pregnancy symptoms usually start to happen?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: Question regarding pregnancy symptoms

Unread post by Siân »

Hi Senbush,

"The changes in the body, or changes to how a person who is pregnant feels, don't tend to start showing up until at least a few weeks after conception, and sometimes longer than that. Most of the things users come to us thinking are symptoms of pregnancy a few days or weeks after a risk (or not-a-risk, but they're freaking anyway) are either not real symptoms in the first place -- like feeling "fluttering" in the stomach, a feeling that is usually gas, including for people who are actually pregnant -- or are things that don't tend to happen until many weeks or months into a pregnancy, like weight gain, changes to the size of the abdomen, or enlarged breasts."

That's from Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.
Senbush
Pronouns: He

Unread post by Senbush »

Siân wrote:Hi Senbush,

"The changes in the body, or changes to how a person who is pregnant feels, don't tend to start showing up until at least a few weeks after conception, and sometimes longer than that. Most of the things users come to us thinking are symptoms of pregnancy a few days or weeks after a risk (or not-a-risk, but they're freaking anyway) are either not real symptoms in the first place -- like feeling "fluttering" in the stomach, a feeling that is usually gas, including for people who are actually pregnant -- or are things that don't tend to happen until many weeks or months into a pregnancy, like weight gain, changes to the size of the abdomen, or enlarged breasts."

That's from Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.
Ah thank you for the response ! So the symptoms should be from other stomach disorder then?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

So the symptoms should be from other stomach disorder then?
On top of the reminder from Sam about our pregnancy scare policy, we can't say what her symptoms are from. If she knows she has a healthcare condition that causes these kinds of symptoms and nothing about this feels different or worse than usual for her, then probably she can assume that.

But otherwise, she'll ideally want to do what we should do with anything that troubles us about how our bodies are feeling or behaving, which is to talk to a healthcare provider.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Locked Previous topicNext topic