Worried that I’m pregnant

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
566232J
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Worried that I’m pregnant

Unread post by 566232J »

Hello,
On Monday, June 25th I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time, and I’m worried that I’m pregnant.

It was in the morning and we only used a condom. Then we went to workout, and we did a lot of abs. And when we came back to the house, we had sex again using only a condom. We were very careful that nothing spilled, though.

That week, I had very strong upper abdominal pain and I started to freak out. The pain was gone on the Friday, but then I also realized how bloated I felt after I ate and that pain was beginning to form in my lower abdomen.

I went to see the doctor the 22nd of June to get a prescription for birth control pills, yet I haven’t started using them until 2 days ago. That was supposed to be the first day of my cycle, yet I didn’t wait till I started bleeding to take the pill. Was that a mistake?

Up until now - what are we today, July 3rd? - I’ve been having lower abdomen pain, bloating whenever I am about to eat, and gassiness. I’ve always been a busy person so I often easily get tired, fatigue couldn’t be a possible main symptom for these body reactions. I do not have tender breasts... nor has my period started but I guess that’s due to the pill? We have not had sex since.

My question is, I guess, am I pregnant? I’m trying not to stress or worry about it because that doesn’t help make things better, but what should I do? Should I get tested? Or am I just confusing the pill symptoms for pregnancy symptoms?

Thanks for your time.
Chloé
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm doing what I want with my life, finally.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Worried that I’m pregnant

Unread post by Chloé »

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question. If you are seeing this text, and your thread is locked, it is because you have posted this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Locked Previous topicNext topic