Lubricants

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
potatochipeater
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: listening
Primary language: english
Pronouns: him/he
Sexual identity: n/a

Lubricants

Unread post by potatochipeater »

Almost all the lubricants I see in drugstores or novelty shops seem to be for couples and to aid intercourse. I was wondering what is a safe not so messy lubricant that won't stain sheets etc? It needs to be one you can use when alone by yourself that is easy to obtain. I have heard that some lubricants can irriate your urethra but not sure if there'sany truth to that.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Lubricants

Unread post by Heather »

What aids intercourse is also generally what aids masturbation when it comes to this: lube for both is must about helping protect the delicate tissue of the genitals and make movement more fluid.

So, you can get and use lubes in the aisle where condoms and the like often are: all of those are as suitable for masturbation as for sex with partners. Alternately, since you don't have to worry about anything like condom integrity (or, if you have a penis and not a vagina, vaginal irritation or imbalance), you can opt for lubricant that isn't latex-safe and is safe for your body and effective, like coconut or other vegetable or fruit oils. Some people use body lotions for masturbation as well, though you'll want to go for unscented types with that to avoid irritation.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic