Mirenia IUD spotting

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Arasia
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Mirenia IUD spotting

Unread post by Arasia »

I had Mirenia inserted two weeks ago. Since then, I have had a small amount of daily spotting, and cramps that have slowly decreased in length and frequency. Now, the cramps are almost completely gone--only occasional twinges of it. However, in the past two days, the amount of spotting has increased quite a bit. It isn't a ton of blood--but enough that I've noticed a difference when I wipe. Is this normal? I know Mirenia is supposed to cause "irregular" spotting, but I am unsure if that includes random increases or spikes in spotting. It isn't my period, I'm not due for another two weeks. I can feel the strings of my Mirenia, but I am just getting used to finding them, so I am unsure if they have increased in length or not. I just want to know if the increased spotting is reason enough to get an appointment to make sure it's in place. I have a scheduled checkup March 29.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Mirenia IUD spotting

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Arasia!

Nothing you have said about the spotting sounds worrying to me. It sounds like the irregular spotting other people experience, as you mentioned! Irregular includes all kinds of things, increases, decreases, all kinda of irregularity.

However it is totally fine to seek an earlier appointment if something feels wrong! Do you feel ok waiting until your appointment?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Arasia
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Mirenia IUD spotting

Unread post by Arasia »

I did some additional research and found out that I have been ovulating over the past couple days. I suspect that has a lot to do with the increase in spotting. At any rate, yes, I feel fine to wait until my March 29 appointment. Thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic