Pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Sazzaa9
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Dunnoooooo
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Pill

Unread post by Sazzaa9 »

Hii!

I've recently just started taking the combined pill.

Today I took my last pill of the month (21 day pills) I swallowed it waited a few minutes and then took a swig of water, after that I felt the need to burp but afterwards I felt like I had a lot of phlegm in my mouth would any of this affect the pill reaching my stomach?

I didn't throw up and everywhere I looked seems to say only worry if you vomit?

Also I was just wondering if after an hour you felt the need to go to the bathroom for (number 2) would this have any effect on the absorption of pill?

Thanks!!
Sazzaa9
not a newbie

Re: Pill

Unread post by Sazzaa9 »

Just wondering if I should take another pill just in case or will that affect my withdrawal bleed?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Sazzaa,

As long as you don't vomit or have diarrhea, you can assume that your pill has been absorbed.
Sazzaa9
not a newbie

Unread post by Sazzaa9 »

So nothing like burping coughing or sneezing just after swallowing the pill could make it not reach my stomach?
Sazzaa9
not a newbie

Unread post by Sazzaa9 »

Sorry to ask another question

But sometime I get like acid reflux where I can feel liquid coming up my throat could that affect the pill at all?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

As long as the pill doesn't physically come back up or you don't vomit or get diarrhea withing a few hours of taking it, it was absorbed.
Sazzaa9
not a newbie

Unread post by Sazzaa9 »

I'm just worried I might have missed it coming back up, would taking another pill to be safe affect my withdrawal bleed?
Sazzaa9
not a newbie

Unread post by Sazzaa9 »

15mins after taking the pill, the pill should be well in my stomach by then right? So burping wouldn't bring it back up ?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

Allybannsiders, Heather set a clear limit with you yesterday about pill questions, asking you to take them to your pharmacist or healthcare provider rather than us, and letting you know that we wouldn't be answering them any further, as we've already given you all the answers we possibly can. Other staff and volunteers have also previously made multiple requests to you about these kinds of questions.

It's not okay to create another account in order to get around those limits. It's disrespectful to us and it's disrespectful to our other users. It's deceptive, and it's against the user agreement that you agree to when you sign up for an account. We realise that you've been ongoingly distressed and worried, and we've offered you assistance with that that was within our boundaries, abilities and scope as a service. We have the right to have our limits and boundaries respected, in all circumstances.

Your usage of all of our direct services has been suspended.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic