Condom experience

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
janelle23
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Condom experience

Unread post by janelle23 »

So earlier this morning my boyfriend I had sex and we stopped for whatever reason because I was too tired. When he pulled out the condom stayed in me. I pulled it out when I saw it but Why did this happen? And is there any risks?
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Condom experience

Unread post by Eddie C »

If and when the person wearing the condom is going to withdraw (pull out), they need to hold the base of the condom to make sure the condom stays in place. :)

You can have more info about proper use of condoms in this link: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexua ... ers_manual

Per risks, as long as the rim of the condom stayed out the vagina is okay. That would mean that any semen stayed IN the condom.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Condom experience

Unread post by Heather »

Just to be sure it's clear: if the condom didn't slide entirely inside your vagina, if the rim stayed outside of your vaginal opening, then it should have been just as effective at reducing the risks of STIs and pregnancy.

But if it did wind up all the way inside, you may want to consider using emergency contraception and getting your annual STI tests sooner.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic