I don't think I have a vagina hole... How can I tell for sure??

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Annahannah
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Female

I don't think I have a vagina hole... How can I tell for sure??

Unread post by Annahannah »

:shock: :( I am 14, haven't started on my period, and really worried!! My mom had her period when she was 13 and I'm almost 15. I got worried so I took a mirror and looked "down there". I tried opening the labia thing and all there is is skin and my urethra. When I tried feeling with my fingers, it just hurt. I'm really scared that I might not have one... and I don't want to let my mom know because we don't really talk about this kind of stuff. Someone please help, I'm pretty scared :shock:
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: I don't think I have a vagina hole... How can I tell for sure??

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Annahannah,

Both the way bodies look and work vary from person to person. So just because your mother started her period earlier than you does not mean you are behind or that your body is not working exactly the way it is suppose to.

It sounds like the "skin" you saw could be your hymen or corona, which is basically a membrane just inside the vaginal opening (and covering the canal). The hymen gradually wears away over time with physical and sexual, menstruation, etc. so it is possible that yours has the appearance of being more intact.

Here are a few resources that describe the appearance of the vulva, vagina, and corona. They all point out how different these parts of our body can look and feel from other peoples :)

Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
My Corona: The Hymen & the Myths That Surround It

I know you aren't ready to talk to your mom, but would you feel more comfortable talking about these things with a doctor?
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: I don't think I have a vagina hole... How can I tell for sure??

Unread post by Redskies »

I also wanted to add: are you seeing or feeling an opening in your body that you're thinking is your urethra? If you are, it's very likely that this opening isn't your urethra but is instead your vaginal opening. The urethra is very small and we usually don't see or feel it as an opening.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic