Inducing periods

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
hopeee_13

Inducing periods

Unread post by hopeee_13 »

I've heard from multiple sources that there are "home remedy" ways of inducing your period. Like taking a certain amount of vitamin C for a couple days. Is there really home remedy ways to induce your period, or are they just myths?
Ruth
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer/lesbian

Re: Inducing periods

Unread post by Ruth »

Just myths, I'm afraid. Things like hormonal birth control can make your cycle more regular (but not always), but there's no way to flat out induce a period like that. They just happen when they happen.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi hopee,

Nope, there is not really a way to induce a period. There are ways that a person can try to regulate their cycle (like via hormonal birth control), but not ways to make a period come exactly when you want it to.
Casey
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make pretty websites and apps
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Casey »

As an interesting bit of information, throughout history when things have been known as inducing periods, they were actually products for inducing miscarriage, which would cure a "delayed period" (if your period is late due to pregnancy, abortion would bring your periods back.)
Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic