weirdest breast soreness i ever had!

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

weirdest breast soreness i ever had!

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Hello!
So around day 16-17 in my cycle my breasts start to hurt and swell a little bit. its day 20 now and this time my breasts seemed to swell bigger and bigger as the days progressed and hurt way too much to even touch now! They dont fit nicely in my bras now. Theyre being squished to death lolol. What is this?! Is this like too much salt intake and created massive water retention? my tummy has bloated a bit. Dont think im pregnant, I had sex twice and used condoms both times with no breakage or slippage and did it all properly for sure. Dont feel nauseaous or dizzy or anything else. And i even had my same cervical discharge around my fertile time. I dont know what to do, they hurt baaaaad duuuude!
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: weirdest breast soreness i ever had!

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi xmetalgirl! Unfortunately we can't really know what's causing this, as we're neither doctors nor could this sort of thing really be diagnosed online anyway. Since you're saying your breasts are more tender than they usually are, ie. this is not typical of your cycle symptoms, I would suggest talking to a healthcare provider just to make sure everything's fine. They'll be able to do tests and examinations to figure out what's up :) It's always a good idea to get an appointment with a doctor whenever there's a sudden change in our bodies/bodies' behaviour, just to check in.
xmetalgirl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Artsy Fartsy
Pronouns: she/her, they/them
Sexual identity: Female

Unread post by xmetalgirl »

Well, i guess i can go see a doctor. I just thought that maybe this pms was different. Maybe I had more water retention this cycle. Sometimes its different every pms. Sometimes my breasts dont even hurt, sometimes I have backaches and sometimes i dont, sometimes i get thigh pains and sometimes i get headaches. So maybe they just hurt more this cycle?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It's certainly common for intensity of pms symptoms to vary from cycle to cycle. We can't know for sure what's up but yes, it's possible that you're just having more breast tenderness than usual this time. Maybe just keep an eye on things and if you find that this pain is persisting for weeks on end, it might be a good idea to check in with a doctor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic