Masturbation - Beginner Questions?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
MoonStone7
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Memorised 85 digits of Pi :)
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight female, bi-curious

Masturbation - Beginner Questions?

Unread post by MoonStone7 »

Hi,

So I heard a lot about masturbation on Scarleteen and how it's a healthy way of exploring, so I decided to try and it went a lot better than expected - I did it twice, and orgasmed both times. I was just wondering, how many times is it healthy to masturbate (and orgasm)? Is it unhealthy to masturbate and orgasm everyday and does it wear you out for the future, so that when you're older, you can't orgasm as well as normal? This is a pretty big concern for me and now that I've masturbated I quite enjoy it, but I want to do it safely, and if there are problems with doing it every day (both mental and physical) - or very regularly - then I'd be really glad to know them.

Thanks so much!
"It's lonely to be more powerful than any man you know, and have to live like a shadow. To be special, and have to pretend you're a fool."
- Merlin
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Re: Masturbation - Beginner Questions?

Unread post by Eddie C »

Hello there, Moonstone! Welcome to Scarleteen. :)

As long as masturbation doesn't get in the way of your regular activities and stops you from doing what you have to do, is all good and healthy. How much is it good? That's going to be only up to you and how you feel about it. People are all different and they have different needs, you know? But there's nothing wrong if you do it everyday, or every now and then. ;)

This link might be helpful for you: http://m.scarleteen.com/article/gender/ ... n_okay_yep
MoonStone7
not a newbie

Hi Edith,

Thanks so much for your answer, I'll definitely check the link out :)
Also, is it normal for your clitoris to be very tender for a while after masturbating?

"It's lonely to be more powerful than any man you know, and have to live like a shadow. To be special, and have to pretend you're a fool."
- Merlin
Eddie C
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I create. :)
Primary language: Spanish and English
Pronouns: She, her, they, hey you!
Sexual identity: Happy :)

Unread post by Eddie C »

When we talk about bodies, is really hard to define what is normal and what is not. But what matters is to pay attention to what happens to YOUR body so you can learn what feels good and what doesn't. Somehow is like you are going to discover your own "normal". :)
MoonStone7
not a newbie

Ah okay, thanks so much for your answers! :D
- Merlin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic