Condom confusion

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Niki1130
Pronouns: No

Condom confusion

Unread post by Niki1130 »

Hello. So me and my girlfriend had sex 6 days ago. That was 3 days before her expected period. It was our first time. I may have accidentally touched my penis which had pre-ejacutale on it before putting on a condom and then transfering that pre-ejaculate on it. Then I proceeded with the penetration. I only went half way in and for about 3-5 minutes and I didn't finish since she was bleeding and we stopped. Now her period is 3 days late and we are stressing about her being pregnant. I'd like to add that she was bleeding a little bit for 2 days after sex and she complained that she had cramps around a day or two before we had sex. How likely is it that she is pregnant? Thank you.
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Re: Condom confusion

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hi Niki1130,

I'd recommend checking out our article, Can pre-ejaculate cause pregnancy?

Bleeding and cramping can have many different causes, so it's hard to say for sure why your girlfriend experienced cramping before and bleeding after sex. I'd also recommend checking out The Pregnancy Panic Companion and Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That? You can also come back to this thread should you have questions after checking out these articles.
Niki1130
Pronouns: No

Unread post by Niki1130 »

Thank you for these articles, they were very helpful. It seems like her period isn't late still so we will wait. I have one more question regarding the bleeding. After losing her virginity, she was bleeding the next day little bit and that stopped in the evening and then the day after she saw a little bleeding in the evening so I am confused if that might have been her period or just an injury?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Niki1130,

We can't say for certain what the bleeding was. If you didn't use much lube, or she noticed pain during sex, it's possible there was a small cut or tear that led to the bleeding. As for whether it was her period, it doesn't sound like it looked or lasted as long as one, but she's ultimately the one who will know if that bleeding matched what she generally experiences during her period.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic