Dry Humping in a Pool

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Axi Mind
not a newbie
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he
Sexual identity: straight

Dry Humping in a Pool

Unread post by Axi Mind »

Hi,

I have been dryhumping in a swimming pool with my girlfriend.We both were clothed(undies and tight shorts).I had precum on my penis.She got her peiod the following week on the expected date.She told me that she got a constipation these days.(After 4 weeks of the incident) I've been googling here and there for information, oh God! I'm totally lost now.Can precum travel through wet clothes to her vagina.Can you tell me if there is any chance of pregnancy in this situation.Sorry if this sounds stupid.
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Dry Humping in a Pool

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Axi Mind- welcome to the boards! Don't worry, there is no chance your girlfriend got pregnant in this situation. She got her period, which wouldn't happen if she was pregnant. Also, you were both clothed. Her constipation is probably caused by something else.

Check out this article if you'd like to learn more about the risks of different activities: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?
Axi Mind
not a newbie

Hi Latha,

Thank you for answering my question.I feel much better now.But still I have the idea "could that be a period like bleeding she experienced?" In the back of my head.Also her period is due this week and she has a massively increased appetite and mood swings.So I'm getting more and more Anxious.Is it PMS? Can I expect the symptons a week or before.Thank you in Advance
Michaela
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi Axi Mind,

I'm not sure I fully understand the question that you have been worrying about "could that be a period like bleeding she experienced?" Are you referring to her period that she got the week after the incident because from what you wrote that sounds like it was her regular period which came as expected. When you said that you're beginning to feel more anxious is this anxiety around pregnancy or something else? As Latha mentioned above the fact that your girlfriend got her period would signal that she is not pregnant from the situation you described in the pool.

PMS affects every person a little differently but an increased appetite and mood swings are two very common symptoms and those occurring the week before someone gets their period is also quite normal. Have you talked to your girlfriend about if these are normal symptoms for her?

Since it seems like you have a few questions about the menstrual cycle I want to suggest an article we have that goes into depth on the process: On the rag: a guide to menstruation
Axi Mind
not a newbie

Hi Michaela,

Verry Sorry If I confused you. I'll explain my problems in a brief again.As I menitioned in the initial post, She said that it was her regular period and it also felt like it.But the thing is as googled every thing (I'm a total idiot) I found something called decidual bleeding.And they say that it can confuse you for your period.Also that it may continue for about 3 months preventing many women understanding that they are pregnent. So it's still in my back of the head that she could be pregnent.So when she tells me something like I'm bloated..etc I having this terrible thought that she is pregnent and experiencing this so called decidual bleeding.I know this might be totally irrational.But I can't get rid of it.When i tell her my thoughts, she says that I'm just overthinking and stuck in your own thoughts.But it is how I am

So my only question is are there any logical chances that she could be pregnent from dry humping in a pool with us both wearing 2 layers of clothes.(without ejaculation ,only with precum)

Ps- We live in an asian country so taking a test or talking about these things are not really easy in our culture

Thank You for your support
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Axi Mind,

So, decidual bleeding doesn't tend to come with all the symptoms of a period, and it usually doesn't come at the time someone is expecting their period. Too, most people who get pregnant won't experience it at all.

But, more importantly, as Latha said in her initial answer, the situation you're describing doesn't pose a risk of pregnancy in the first place. So getting hung up on things like decidual bleeding is only feeding the anxiety you're experiencing. I do think that, if you're having this level of difficulty shaking a pregnancy fear, then it may be sound to take a break from sexual activity for awhile so you're not regularly setting off new pregnancy fears.
Axi Mind
not a newbie

Hi Sam W ,

Thank you for your answer.It helped me to ease my mind.But the thing is her period was due yesterday but as for this moment she said that she doesnt fell anything like getting it.So should We be worried about this.All of the ease I got from your answer was flattened by this 🙂Im very sorry if Im bothering you.Can you please tell me the situation doesnt pose pregnancy risk right? Even the clothes were wet,even I had precum and Even she was wet
Latha

Unread post by Latha »

Hi again, Axi Mind!

Yes, we can definitely tell you that there was no pregnancy risk. No matter what happens, the risk from the incident you described will not change. Sometimes periods arrive a little late or early, so I don't think that is anything to worry about.

Don't worry about bothering us- the main issue is that you're so concerned about this, even though there really is no risk at all. It must be a bit tiring for you. Would you like to brainstorm some ways to deal with this anxiety?
Axi Mind
not a newbie

Hello Latha,

First of all I can't thank you enough for your replies.Yes of course I'm tired as hell.Even though I'm educated about the real risks and all, I can't fully shake the idea of pregnancy. I can feel my anixety spikes even if I saw a pregnent woman on the street, even if I saw a pregnent woman on a movie.So I actually don't know how to deal with this.And ofcourse being in my country only fuels my scary thoughts knowing that I can't talk this with anybody even my parents, abortions are illegal.But please don't get me wrong, Me and my girlfriend decided to abstrain from sex from the begining of our relashionship.NO MATTER THE SITUATION I wont risk having sex(Even protected sex).Although I mention dry humping in my initial post,Its more like a fooling around and tight hugging where our genital area touched each other for multiple times.I'm a college student and I can feel that I'm loosing everythng.So yes can you brainstrom some ways deal with this.At this point I've had enough of this.
Thank you again🥺
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Axi Mind,

We can certainly brainstorm those with you! One thing I'm curious about is: do you notice yourself having this same kind of hard to get rid of anxiety about other things in your life? Or does it seem to only happen around the issue of pregnancy?
Axi Mind
not a newbie

Hi Sam W,

I have similar issues with health related issues.Like I had always excessively worried about having a disease every time I got unwell. (Ex - If I got a stomach ache that last a week or so I start to think that is cancer or something like that.Had a similar episode about 2 months ago).But I think what I now experience is on a different level. I think the reason for this is when its a health related issue, I always talk with my parents and loved ones and they help me.But on this case I know I'm totally on my own.No one to speak or help me.
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Okay, so it sounds like part of what might be going on here is that you have some form of underlying anxiety disorder, one that tends to latch onto health stuff. So one possible next step would be to see if you can access mental healthcare to get that addressed, since it might help cut down on scares like this in the future. Do you know how to access that kind of care where you are?
Axi Mind
not a newbie

Hi Sam W,

Yes I might be able to get that.Honestly I thought about this multiple times.But I was unable to proceed because I couldn't clarify if there's an actual risk involved or It's just because my anxiety.If there's a risk involved no point in seeking mental healthcare right?
Latha

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, Axi Mind

I think that even if there is some risk involved, it can still be useful to seek mental health care, as it can help us learn how to handle risky situations well, and manage stress. It may take some time to find a good counselor, but I believe therapy can be helpful with the kinds of difficulties you've described.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic