should I be worried?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
naurmi008
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

should I be worried?

Unread post by naurmi008 »

Hi! recently -- by recently i mean maybe from 2-3 days ago -- my breasts have been quite sore and feel fuller (like heavy water balloons if you will), especially in the morning. when i "fondle" them, they feel normal but when my breasts touch other surfaces (like when the outer part of my breast brushes against my arms) they feel quite sore. i was thinking this might be a PMS symptom since my period is due either this week or next week, but i've never really had sore breasts as a pms symptom and i only get my "period's coming soon!" signal a day prior to actually getting my period. should i be worried about this?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: should I be worried?

Unread post by Heather »

Unless it gets worse or continues for more than another week, I wouldn't sweat it. We won't always experience our bodies and the impacts of their processes the same way over a lifetime. Just because this hasn't been part of PMS for you before doesn't mean it isn't now.

As well, breast heaviness or tenderness can also happen for other benign reasons, like due to heat, soreness or overuse of our shoulders or back, or due to some medications.

Have you taken an analgesic/NSAID yet to see if that helps?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
naurmi008
not a newbie

Hi, thank you for answering! Maybe it is due to heat, I've been noticing that for the past few days my body's been feeling warmer (maybe I have a mild fever)
and I just searched up what an analgesic is, would paracetamol also be considered an analgesic?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Yep! Why don't you try taking a standard dose and see if it helps at all?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
naurmi008
not a newbie

Okay, I'll try that and see if it helps. Thank you!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic