Body count

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Redstones
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I climb the Manitou Incline once a week
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: I question it

Body count

Unread post by Redstones »

Listening to a podcast yesterday and one of the questions to these 5 girls was what there body count was, 3 of them did not want to say but one girl said 16 and another said 33. When they say Body Count are they talking about intercourse? Why do they do it? Is it a normal college thing? I am sure they use condoms but can't they still get a disease?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Body count

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Redstone,

"Body count" is usually referring to how many people someone has had sex with. Since not everyone defines sex the same way, that could mean a lot of different activities.

As for why it happens, people choose to have sex with all sorts of reasons, just like they choose to not have sex for all sorts of reasons. And while having sex with a lot of people is presented as a common college experience, the reality is that plenty of people have little to no sex in college.

As far as STI risk, if someone used condoms or other barriers for all activities, and made sure they and any new partners got tested, that would prevent the bulk of the STI risk (too, while having a lot of partners does increase the risk of STIs in the sense that it introduces more possible transmission points, someone can have sex with 50 people and never get an STI, while someone else can have sex with one and contract and STI).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic