Can sperm survive

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Justlove456
Pronouns: He/him

Can sperm survive

Unread post by Justlove456 »

Last Monday 5/24. I ejeculated into a bath dry towel. I then put that bath towel in the washer with other dry towels only. I added laundry detergent and when that was done I put it in the dryer. My question is can sperm survive a normal laundry cycle and if so if someone were to use one of those towel’s could they get pregnant? Nothing was visibly on any of the towels. I have been freaking out over this for about 4 days. Am I just way over thinking this ? I should have just thrown the towel away
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Can sperm survive

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Justlove -- no need to worry, the sperm on this towel absolutely did not survive the wash and no one can get pregnant from using the towel. There is a misconception about the strength and intelligence of sperm, which you can read more about here. Additionally, in order for pregnancy to be a possibility, the kind of contact that has to happen is direct genital-to-genital contact between someone with a penis and someone with a vulva and/or direct contact with semen and the vulva, vaginal opening or anus.

Can we help with anything else?
Justlove456
Pronouns: He/him

Re: Can sperm survive

Unread post by Justlove456 »

No you answered my question. I live in a house with two girls who are at age to get pregnant and it’s just scary. but I will eventually get this out of my mind and move forward

Thank you for the help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic