whats up with my clitoris?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: plural they/them or ask
Sexual identity: aroace and queer

whats up with my clitoris?

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

hi! so yesterday when i tried to masturbate i looked and noticed that there was a sort of bump on my clitoris. it looks like the glans but also my glans did not look like that before as they were hardly even visable. the bump also looks like it’s maybe attached to the inner labia?? bc when i pushed my inner labia around it moved with it if i pushed enough if that makes sense. and when i tried to masturbate i realized a decrease in sensitivity and pleasure from it, or maybe i was just doing something wrong there idk (i touched it this morning and it was pretty sensitive tho so idk). btw it was still there this morning when i was not erect. my clitoris looked like it usually does before yesterday so idk whats wrong. should i be worried?
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Re: whats up with my clitoris?

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hey SillyMcGoof_,

It sounds like this could be your clitoral hood. Check out this excerpt from our article, Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More:
Looking at the vestibule, between those inner labia from the top down (right below your mons), you'll first see the top of the inner labia, which create a little skin fold called the clitoral hood. That hood connects to the glans, which is the tip -- and only the tip -- of the clitoris (klit-or-iss). If you pull up the hood with your fingers, you can get a closer look if you like.
Let me know if this helps.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

oh sorry i dont think i worded my original post very well, thats my bad. the “bump” or whatever it is is under the hood, it almost looks like my clitoral glans suddenly got bigger if that makes sense, and when i tug on my inner labia to look under the hood the “bump” moves with it if i tug enough, but that could also just be a normal thing with the clitoral glans bc its all attached or something, idk. im just confused and worried about if that is my glans, why they got bigger all of a sudden, and if its not what else it could be if that makes sense
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

also update: i think the loss of sensation and pleasure was bc of something i was doing bc now its fine
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi SillyMcGoof_,

So, the glans of the clitoris, like the rest of your genitals, can enlarge or be a bit puffier if you're aroused or of you start touching it, so it could be that that's what caused the changes you were noticing. As for what moved, since lots of parts of the exterior genitals are either connected or close together, the movement you noticed was likely because you were moving or tugging on the inner labia.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

oh yeah i know! but this time its bigger than usual even when im not aroused. like for example before even when i was aroused the glans were just barely visible, and when not aroused the glans were covered completely by the hood. now (atleast if this bump im noticing is my glans that have miraculously grown quite decently in size) they’re visable all the time. as for the second part, thats good to know!! (sorry if i sound passive aggressive here i promise that wasn’t my intent. im not sure what way to put it that doesn’t sound that way dbdbb)
Carly
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey McGoof -- I'm not sure if we're able to help any more on this particular topic. We're not able to see it nor would we be able to diagnose a problem if there was one. If this continues to be a concern for you, I think talking to a doctor would be the best thing to do. If anything changes, feel free to check back in.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

alrighty! thanks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic