Oversensitivity w/ oral sex?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
monochromepengu
Pronouns: she/her

Oversensitivity w/ oral sex?

Unread post by monochromepengu »

My boyfriend and I just recently became sexually active with one another. Today is the second time he has performed oral sex on me (i have a vulva). I enjoy it and it feels pleasurable, but i become really sensitive to the point where it doesn't feel enjoyable. Last time the same thing happened, we took a break, and then I was able to finish. But today, he tried oral, and then he began stimulating me in other ways and I just could not finish. I believe it could have something to do with my hormonal cycle, but i don't understand why i become so sensitive after only a few minutes, and why that prevents me from finishing. I do enjoy it and it feels good, so I don't understand why my body reacts this way.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Oversensitivity w/ oral sex?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, welcome to the boards. Chances are this isn't about your fertility/menstrual cycles, since those won't usually change our sensitivity like this. Instead, it's probably about how just sometimes, too much stimulation to one area, or too much of one kind, and sometimes any at all, feels like to much, so we need to do what you have: to take a break or switch up what you're doing.

That said, you might be able to adjust this some to still enjoy oral sex as long as you'd like to.

If you're feeling oversensitive in just a few minutes, that suggests to me your boyfriend might be focusing on the most sensitive parts of your vulva right away and/or too intensely. You might have a different experience if, for instance, he doesn't go right for your clitoral glans, and instead focuses on areas of your vulva like the inner labia, clitoral hood and vaginal opening.

Too, if you haven't already, when you are having oral sex and it feels too sensitive, are you telling your boyfriend in that moment so that he knows to change up what he's doing, or are you only saying something after you're over your limit?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic