I think something is wrong with me. Do I have vaginismus ?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Strangewriter11
Awesomeness Quotient: My personality
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Female

I think something is wrong with me. Do I have vaginismus ?

Unread post by Strangewriter11 »

I tried fingering and it didn’t work out because it hurt like hell and it burns very badly. Having the finger in there for long feels like torture. I’ve had someone finger me because I was too scared but I didn’t feel pleasure. Just pain and discomfort and it feels like the entrance is somewhat blocked but If I push farther, I can slide my finger in (very slowly, bit by bit) but it hurts. And I’m starting to feel like a freak because it’s not so difficult for other girls that I know. I’ve used oils, I’ve tried relaxing, I’ve gotten extremely aroused but nothing works. It still hurts and turns me off even. Is this a condition? At this point I’m very confused and bothered.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: I think something is wrong with me. Do I have vaginismus ?

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Strangewriter11,

Welcome to the boards! I completely understand your concern and frustration. I'm sorry to hear that you've tried so much to no avail. Before moving forward, I want to share one of our resources on Vaginismus to see if learning more can assist in figuring out if it fits the description of your experiences or symptoms: The FBI Files: Vaginismus. Within this article, there is a mention of another one of our pieces that could help in figuring out what's going on, I'll link it here: From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse. I do want to emphasize that Vaginismus isn't a physical condition, but rather a psychological one that often occurs as a result of sexual trauma and more. The first article explains more so I recommend checking it out! Please let me know what you think and depending on that, we can figure out how to move forward with this!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic