Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:57 pm
- Age: 21
- Awesomeness Quotient: I’m very compassionate
- Primary language: English
- Pronouns: She/her
- Sexual identity: I don’t know
- Location: United States of America
Hi, I’m a 20 year old female and I want to know why it sometimes hurts and stings when I touch my clit. When I masturbate I can’t directly touch the clit because it will sting. It’s always been that way. I always wash my hands before I do it. I’m wondering if I’m hypersensitive or if this is a problem.
- scarleteen founder & director
- Posts: 9313
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:43 am
- Age: 53
- Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
- Primary language: english
- Pronouns: they/them
- Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer
- Location: Chicago
When you say it stings, can you describe that sensation a little bit more? Does it sting like, say, getting lemon juice in a cut? Or does that "sting" feel deeper, rather than on the surface?
Is there anything else you've experienced that might be related to this? Do you have very sensitive skin on other parts of your body? Do you have any nervous system or pain conditions?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead