how can i try new things when i only find myself enjoying one form of masturbation?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: plural they/them or ask
Sexual identity: aroace and queer

how can i try new things when i only find myself enjoying one form of masturbation?

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

sorry that the title sounds a bit passive aggressive, i didn’t mean it to sound that way but i also cant really think of another way to put it that doesn’t sound like that. (also for futher clarification when i say “penis” i am referring to my clit because thats the term im more comfy using. normally i would use that term for other parts of my genitals but for simplicity’s sake i’ll just use the anatomical terms)

now on to the meat (hehe) and potatoes; i want to try new things when it comes to masturbation, but i’ve realized i only like stimulating my penis (and sometimes the inner labia aswell). i’ve tried putting a finger in my vagina, and i haven’t tried the anus yet bc im scared of getting feces on my hand, might try it soon tho.

i’ve tried a few different positions but they haven’t really done it for me (besided humping if that counts). but granted, i’ve only thought of a few so im not sure how many more i can try.

i want to try new things but i dont know what i can do when i really only like one form of stimulation. any advice?
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Re: how can i try new things when i only find myself enjoying one form of masturbation?

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hi SillyMcGoof,

Thank you for letting us know the language you're comfortable with. Looking back on some of your previous posts, it seems like you're exploring your body and sexuality a lot lately which is exciting! It's so important to build that relationship with yourself and understand what you like.

I think one of the most important things to keep in mind when exploring masturbation is paying attention to what feels good. I love that you're interested in exploring and establishing some variety in your routine. While variety can be fun and exciting, if it doesn't feel good, it's okay to know what you like and stick with it. Sexuality is a lifelong journey, and part of the fun is embracing each phase. Have you tried exploring with toys before? Some can definitely be on the pricier side, but we have this great guide for DIY options as well: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/sexu ... ve_edition. It looks like Carly has also given you some great resources on self-love and care, so hopefully, this article is a helpful addition. Hope this helps!
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

Re: how can i try new things when i only find myself enjoying one form of masturbation?

thanks for the response! i haven’t tried toys yet, mainly because im scared to ask my mom. i have read the article on diy toys but the only problem is that i dont have access to condoms for the same reason as why i cant get toys :(
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Unread post by Amanda B »

Thank you for letting me know! In that case, another suggestion I would have is exploring fantasy. The brain is the most important sex organ one can utilize. It's free and you always have access to it! We have some great content on fantasy on the site, which you may have already explored. An article I found has great suggestions, like practicing mindfulness:
It can be overwhelming to imagine a fantasy out of nowhere. A good place to start can be practicing mindfulness and noticing what feels good in your day-to-day life. Once you practice being present, it’s not that everything you notice will be sexual, but you will have honed the skills that will allow you to recognize sexual excitement in the moment.
Another suggestion I like is creating a playlist. If you'd like to explore the article further, here it is to browse on your own time. https://www.scarleteen.com/article/abus ... n_your_own

The most important thing to consider when exploring your sexuality is to have fun. It can be easy to fall into a pattern of wanting to try everything all at once, which can become overwhelming. I suggest taking it one day at a day and embracing what you know feels good while being open to new experiences!
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

i’ll try all those things, thank you!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic