Took my Yasmin pill

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Juliaho90
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Took my Yasmin pill

Unread post by Juliaho90 »

Hi,

I took my Yasmin pill late yesterday, I only remembered at 11pm and took it when my actually time of taking the pill should be around 10 to 11am. Taking it at 11pm would mean I crossed the 12 hour threshold. This is the only pill taken late, otherwise I have been taking it on time. I am on week 3 of my pills, and I have 8 active tablets left. My partner and I last had sex on 26 March. Is there a need for emergency contraception? Please let me know soon as I am running out of time if so!
Juliaho90
not a newbie

Re: Took my Yasmin pill

I should also add that my Yasmin comes in 21 pill pack, with no sugar pills. So I have the 7 days break where my withdrawal bleed will happen. I should also state that I took the pill late, and it was on day 13 of the cycle, not week 3. I still have 8 more pills to complete and will take them on time now.

Please let me know if you think emergency contraception is still needed
Juliaho90
not a newbie

Sorry for the multiple posts. I wanted to clarify that when I say day 13 of the cycle, I mean it’s day 13 of taking my active pills.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Juliaho90,

One slightly late pill is unlikely to decrease the effectiveness of the pill overall. However, the thing to do is consult the directions that come with the pill or the website for the pill to see what they say the protocol is for a late pill, and if you need to do anything other that just take it when you remember it.
Juliaho90
not a newbie

Hi Sam,

I found the product information leaflet online here - https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1607.pdf

Since mine falls under day 13, it states that protection against pregnancy is not reduced and no extra precaution needed. But it doesn’t tell me if I need to take precautions if I have had sex before I took the pill late.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I would say additional precautions aren't necessary since your last instance of sex was before the late pill, and if that significantly changed what needed to be done, the directions would say so.
Juliaho90
not a newbie

Does it matter that I took the pill late on 27 March and the last instance of sex was on 26 March?
Sofi
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

It doesn't matter, it was still before the late pill.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic