Fingering myself does not feel good

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Rm2882
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm tall.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Stright female

Fingering myself does not feel good

Unread post by Rm2882 »

Hi I have been having some trouble I am 13 and I have been pleasuring myself for about 2 years now but I still have not fingered my self (I pleasured my self by rubbing if that helps).I have read other posts on here saying I have to be aroused in order to do this but when I try I am laying down and wet, but I hit the rim of my vaginal wall and it hurts. I am still a virgin and I have tried to insert other things but it's like my conscience wont let me do it. If anyone has any advice I am open to anything.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Fingering myself does not feel good

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Rm2882,

So, when we talk about arousal helping with inserting things into the vaginal canal, that means mental arousal as well as physical (like producing a lot of vaginal lubrication). In other words, it helps when your brain is invested in something like a fantasy. Does it feel like that's been happening when you've tried this in the past?

Too, if just rubbing is enjoyable for you as a means of masturbation, is there a reason you feel like you have to insert your fingers?
Logan W
Awesomeness Quotient: I play roller derby and love to skate outside!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Lesbian, queer, demiromantic

Unread post by Logan W »

Hi!

I know that this can be frustrating, but also you are not alone in this. In fact other people have reached out with similar issues - this advice article actually covers some points that may be helpful for you to try: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... hould_i_do
Rm2882
not a newbie

Unread post by Rm2882 »

I have had fantasies when I try to do it and it still does not help. I dont know way I feel like I have to I guess it is because I am aroused? I don't know.
Sofi
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

If it feels right, then it's okay! But if you are doing it because you feel like you have to, that's putting pressure on yourself. Everyone has different things that work for them, and there's no right or wrong way to masturbate. Insertion doesn't work for many people and that's just as okay. Do you know why you feel like you have to do it?
Rm2882
not a newbie

Unread post by Rm2882 »

Thank you that helps a lot I pretty sure that was my problem now that I think about it. Thanks again❤
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic