I had a sexual encounter a month ago, had my period 3 days later, but im paranoid i might be pregnant

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
burner234
Awesomeness Quotient: Im bilingual
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

I had a sexual encounter a month ago, had my period 3 days later, but im paranoid i might be pregnant

Unread post by burner234 »

My then bf and i had this thing almost a month ago, there was no penetration and we were clothed or had underwear on always, then i had my period 3 days after that, it lasted 7 days and it was like my normal periods.

But now its the week before my period and ive been feeling bloated, dry and anxious, and im completely paranoid i might be pregnant all week, im even afraid that this worry would delay my period and thus worsen my anxiety about it. Is it even possible i could be pregnant? Is this symptoms a product of pre period hormonal changes? and also what do i do? im not sure i could get my hands on a pregnancy test, should i just wait it out?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I had a sexual encounter a month ago, had my period 3 days later, but im paranoid i might be pregnant

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi burner234,

So, you cannot be pregnant because you didn't do anything that posed a risk of pregnancy in the first place. If you want to read more about why that is, this is a good starting place: https://www.scarleteen.com/blog/clairep ... g_freakout. Since a pregnancy test doesn't sound like it's an option for you, your next steps will mainly be to wait for your period to arrive, which it sounds like it's due to do soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic