tickle-y/throbbing feeling in my vulva?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: aroallo and queer

tickle-y/throbbing feeling in my vulva?

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

hi! we mentioned this in a previous post but yesterday we successfully masturbated (atleast i think, still not 100% sure bc we’re very new to this) but ever since then we’ve been getting this kind of tingly/tickley feeling in our vulva coupled with some slight throbbing (no pain or anything). i just wanted to know what thats from, if its normal, and if/how i can make it go away bc its pretty annoying lol. thanks!! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: tickle-y/throbbing feeling in my vulva?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi SillyMcGoof_ ,

It's a bit hard to say for certain what you're feeling or why, because our genitals--like all parts of our body--can get itches or twinges or tingles for a bunch of different reasons. If the masturbation you did was rough or took a really long time, that can sometimes leave your genitals feeling a bit more sensitive.

As far as making it stop, this is one of those times where your best bet is probably to ignore the feeling as much as you can and let it go away on it's own.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

hi!! thanks for the response! i dont think i was too rough and idk how long masturbation usually takes to know if it took really long. my main guess atm is that it’s because i’ve been having all these pent up urges and finally letting everything out has my genitals feeling weird? idk im not 100% sure. i guess i should also add that i did try to masturbate years ago when i was like 11 or so and i got the same feeling on and off for quite a while so im not really sure. i’ll try to wait it out im just kinda confused on what could cause it. if you have any ideas on what it could be lmk! thanks!! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You know, one other possibility is that this may be more about arousal; if you've been having more sexual thoughts or feelings lately, or even been thinking about past masturbation a lot, that could create arousal (which some people describe as involving a tingling or throbbing in their genitals).
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie

ohhh ok that makes sense! thanks!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic