I had sex 4 days ago, and I feel like I might be pregnant.

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
im_0n_crack
Pronouns: he/him

I had sex 4 days ago, and I feel like I might be pregnant.

Unread post by im_0n_crack »

I had unprotected sex and he pulled out, and around 3 days later, I missed the first and second days of my period. Usually, I would start ahead of my friend. but I missed it. I feel like I might be pregnant, is it a possibility already?

FYI: I dont really have symptoms, its just im afraid that it might develop if i was pregnant
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I had sex 4 days ago, and I feel like I might be pregnant.

Unread post by Heather »

I'm not sure what you mean by saying you "missed" the first and second days of your period. Do you just mean your period started later than your friend's did?

If so, understand that staying in sync with periods with someone else over a long period of time is very unlikely. So, thinking something must be wrong with a period if it doesn't start when someone else does, or that some of the days were "missed" (periods just don't work like that, day one is when flow starts, so you can't have a period and have missed that day) just isn't sound.

It takes longer than four days for a pregnancy to occur, and far longer than that for someone to feel that they are pregnant physically. And since you seem to be saying you had your period, it sounds like you're not pregnant.

That said, it sounds clear you do not want to be pregnant. Withdrawal/pulling out is one of the least effective ways to prevent pregnancy, and it also leaves everyone without any protection from infections. Can I ask why your partner wasn't at least use a condom? Can I help you with introducing condom use and holding that as a limit?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
im_0n_crack
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by im_0n_crack »

UPDATE: I took the morning after pill 10 hrs late (after the 72 hrs period), and after taking it I started having short cramps everyday since, I think that the cramps symptoms are happening for too many days, ALSO my period STILL hasnt come yet, and it has been around 4 days since I took the pill. I am so scared now that something bad is gonna happen (pregnancy)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

So, an important thing to know is that taking emergency contraception can disrupt your menstrual cycle. That means that it will likely be even harder to predict when it will come this month. At this point, as hard as it may be, you'll need to be patient and wait to see what happens with your period or wait until enough time has passed for you to take a pregnancy test.

Since it sounds like pregnancy is a big fear for you, can you go look at those last few questions Heather asked and see if you have answers to any of them?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic