Bleeding after losing virginity

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Cocopops
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Straight

Bleeding after losing virginity

Unread post by Cocopops »

I lost my virginity the other night and I started bleeding when he put it in. There was no pain but there was some bleeding so we got into the shower. He didn’t finger me before hand and we didn’t use lube so I think that may have contributed to the bleeding. After the shower there was minimal bleeding just spotting. It’s been 24 hrs since and I have spotting but when I go to the toilet some blood and a blood clot occasionally comes out. I plan on waiting a few days to see if the bleeding stops before going to a doctor, does that sounds reasonable ?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Bleeding after losing virginity

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there Cocopops, welcome to Scarleteen.
It sounds like the bleeding you're noticing is pretty light now, mostly just spotting, and if that's the case I think it's okay to hold off on seeing a doctor for now. I'd advise that you not engage in any sexual activity until well after the bleeding's stopped, though. If you want to have intercourse again, it's important to have plenty of lube on hand, and to be sure you're only trying it when you're feeling pretty relaxed and aroused.

It sounds like you may have gone straight for intercourse without a lot of other sexual activity beforehand, do I have that right? If this is someone you're in a relationship with or otherwise plan on being sexual with again, do you feel comfortable talking with him about how this went and what needs to happen for intercourse to be more likely to be enjoyable and less likely to cause bleeding in the future?
Cocopops
Pronouns: She/ her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Cocopops »

Thank you this was very helpful! No more blood clots just very light spotting, so I probably won’t see a doctor unless you recommend I do?
Will make sure to have the conversation before next time!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Cocopops,

Since it sounds like the bleeding is getting lighter/stopping, then I don't think it's necessary to check in with a healthcare provider in this case. And if you need any tools or information for how to have those conversations with your boyfriend, that's certainly something we can help you find!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic