Being Sucidial

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
melissasoccer6
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: female

Being Sucidial

Unread post by melissasoccer6 »

Hi! This is my first time on this site. I think that it is important to talk about being suicidal. I have been hospitalized for suicidal thoughts and this is not a cry for help or that I am going to kill myself. I wonder why still once a week my brain has suicidal thoughts. When I talk with a certain friend I tend to act in crisis to get negative attention. Is this bad? Will these thoughts ever go away? I know that this isn't really sex related.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Being Sucidial

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi melissasoccer6,

So, helping people address their mental health issues is outside of the scope of what we can do. But, something we can do is help you figure out what supports you could potentially access that would be a better fit for your needs (such as managing the fact that you're having suicidal thoughts on a regular basis). Since it sounds like you've had some contact with mental health systems before, are you currently working with a therapist or a psychiatrist to manage your depression?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic