masturbation issues..

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
goodman123123
Pronouns: he/him

masturbation issues..

Unread post by goodman123123 »

so im 16, and im a male. i started masturbating like at the age of 13. i do it usually 1-2times a day. the issue is that now im starting to feel nothing when i masturbate, even if i ejaculate, i dont feel any types of satisfication. before it was all fine, i feel the pleasure and the want/need to masturbate, but now it just i dont feel anything. i dont feel good even in the process of ejaculating. adding to that i think that my penis is starting to feel less sensitive. eg. before if i touch it i feel it, now if i touch it with more force, and stroke it, i dont feel anything.

(sorry for bad english im not a native speaker)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: masturbation issues..

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards.

Sex -- be it with a partner or alone, with masturbation -- does tend to be something, for many people, where the same thing will get stale after a while, and we'll need to mix it up. In other words, if we learn to do something a certain way, or in a certain context that "works" for us, it often won't work that same way over many years. That's not only because we and our bodies are always changing, but also because human sexuality tends to thrive to some degree with novelty.

It also can be that while at first, masturbation and sensation in and of itself is really exciting when it's relatively new to us, in time, we're usually going to need more than just the sensation/stimulation itself, like bringing more of what's in our sexual imagination to the table, for example, or being more turned on before we even engage any physical touch.

So, you might see what happens if you try some new things, experimenting with ways to touch yourself, things to think about while doing that, or both.

Lastly, human sexuality isn't something that tends to run 24/7, 365 days a year for everyone, especially over time. There will often be phases during our lives when it just isn't really what we're feeling or focused on, where just taking a break makes more sense than trying to make something happen we just aren't feeling.

Does that all make sense?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
goodman123123
Pronouns: he/him

Unread post by goodman123123 »

Heather wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:35 am Welcome to the boards.

Sex -- be it with a partner or alone, with masturbation -- does tend to be something, for many people, where the same thing will get stale after a while, and we'll need to mix it up. In other words, if we learn to do something a certain way, or in a certain context that "works" for us, it often won't work that same way over many years. That's not only because we and our bodies are always changing, but also because human sexuality tends to thrive to some degree with novelty.

It also can be that while at first, masturbation and sensation in and of itself is really exciting when it's relatively new to us, in time, we're usually going to need more than just the sensation/stimulation itself, like bringing more of what's in our sexual imagination to the table, for example, or being more turned on before we even engage any physical touch.

So, you might see what happens if you try some new things, experimenting with ways to touch yourself, things to think about while doing that, or both.

Lastly, human sexuality isn't something that tends to run 24/7, 365 days a year for everyone, especially over time. There will often be phases during our lives when it just isn't really what we're feeling or focused on, where just taking a break makes more sense than trying to make something happen we just aren't feeling.

Does that all make sense?
yes thank you
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

I’m glad we could help! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic