Condom question

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

Condom question

Unread post by 55 »

Hi there,

When using a condom, we start rolling it down a bit, then pinch the tip, and continue to roll it on the rest of the way.

At the end, most of the semen is caught in the reservoir tip. However, I’ve noticed some also seems to overflow slightly into the sides (just near the top. Not at the base). Is all the sperm meant to be caught in the tip only? Or is it okay for some to also move a little towards the top of the shaft? Not sure if I’m doing something wrong! Thanks
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Condom question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi 55,

It's possible for some pre-ejaculate or ejaculate to end up in the sides of the condom. But as long as it's not coming out of the base, it's not cause for concern (since it's still trapped inside the condom).
not a newbie

Unread post by 55 »

Thanks Sam. So it’s normal for some ejaculate to be visible at the sides ? It doesn’t all need to be contained just in the tip? Thanks
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Yes, that's something that can happen sometimes. Too, if you're worried, it may help to make sure that whoever is wearing the condom is wearing one that isn't too loose.
not a newbie

Unread post by 55 »

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was normal or if it meant I’d put the condom on wrong, because I started to roll it down before I pinched the tip.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It sounds like you're putting it on just fine! You want to be pinching the tip to be sure you aren't trapping air in there and you're leaving a little bit of room for semen; as long as you're pinching while rolling the majority of the condom down, this shouldn't be an issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic