What to do if condom breaks

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
not a newbie
Pronouns: She

What to do if condom breaks

Unread post by 55 »

Hi,

I sometimes worry about what to do in the event of a condom breaking, so I thought I’d ask so I have a plan in place, just in case it ever happens. I’m on the depo injection and there aren’t any risks of STIs with my long term partner. However, if a condom breaks or rips during sex, would that mean any pieces of the condom could be left inside the vagina? Is this likely and would I need to go to the emergency room or doctor if that happened? Thanks
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What to do if condom breaks

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi 55,

Unless the condom literally ripped in half (which isn't the usual way condoms break), you wouldn't need to worry about getting pieces of it out of the vaginal canal. And even if it did, you would be able to remove the piece yourself without needing to go to a doctor for help. The concerns with a broken condom are mainly STI and pregnancy risk, and it sounds like you're taking serious precautions against each, so it's unlikely you'd need to do anything in addition to those.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic