Should I take a Plan B?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Digdawg
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I love my pets!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Should I take a Plan B?

Unread post by Digdawg »

Hi Scarleteen!

I’m on the combined pill, I take it every day around the same time.

Earlier I had sex with my fiancé. He used a condom and pulled out, although it was pretty close when he did pull out. The condom worked when we checked. I did have some white stuff on my vulva but it was most likely just lube and dead skin.

I left my birth control in my purse in my car last night for no more than 2 hours tops. It was about 59 degrees and I know my birth control needs to be stored at a warmer temperature than that so that’s why I’m a bit concerned.

Thanks for your help!
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Should I take a Plan B?

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Digdawg. Good to see you. :)

Really, it's unlikely there's anything that an emergency contraceptive pill will do that your own combined pills don't do already, and then some. Your pill's effectiveness won't have changed from a couple hours in that kind of temperature. That's at the bottom of the window for storage, but even if it was lower than that, a couple hours at a cool temp won't do anything. Since you also already backed up with condoms like you usually do, you also already have a very effective backup.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Digdawg
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I love my pets!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Digdawg »

Hi Heather!

Thanks, I get my pills shipped to me and I know they’re probably exposed to cooler temperatures during that but I just wanted to be sure.
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

All good! I hope we got your question answered. Let us know if you need anything else. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic