I don’t feel anything during penetration anymore..

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
1uciaa
Awesomeness Quotient: im funny
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bi

I don’t feel anything during penetration anymore..

Unread post by 1uciaa »

Hi there,
a little embarrassed to ask this but would anyone know why I don't feel anything during penetration anymore? I lost sensation about a month ago and I don’t know why? I looked it up and it said it could be because of stress but I dont think I’m stressed? I can’t name a reason why I would be?

It’s really upsetting as that used to be my favourite but now I can’t feel anything pleasurable, I’m not sure if I should tell a doctor but I’d really rather not…
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: I don’t feel anything during penetration anymore..

Unread post by Heather »

Hello, and welcome to the boards.

I need a little more information to get a sense of what might be going on for you. I have a few questions:
1) What sexual activities, specifically, did you enjoy so much before -- are we talking genital intercourse, hands, toys? -- that you don't anymore?
2) Has anything else changed? For instance, if you have a partner and you two spent more time with other activities before anything inside your vagina, are you now spending less? Or has something changed in the relationship? If this is/is also about masturbation, has anything else changed there, like what you do or what excites you? Is anything else new going on in your life or with your mind or body as a whole over the last couple months?
3) You say you "lost sensation." What do you mean by that? Do you mean you don't feel anything at all in some way anymore? Where? Is this only genital, only part of your genitals, any other parts of your body?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
1uciaa
Awesomeness Quotient: im funny
Sexual identity: bi

Unread post by 1uciaa »

Sorry for such a late response!
Just a disclaimer: My partner and I are long distance, he came over in the summer and we had penetrative sex and continued to use hands and other toys - I noticed a couple weeks after he had left I couldn’t feel anything pleasurable anymore.
Before I lost sensation I really enjoyed using toys internally and having penetrative sex but now when I do those exact same things I cant feel anything, I feel it going in and out of me but nothing pleasurable.
2) It wouldn’t really matter how much time I or we spent before using toys or him inside of me I could still feel it, I guess the only change was him leaving and I’m back at school now, however if thats the reason then im not sure how to solve that.
3) Sorry for not being specific, when I say I lost sensation or that I cant feel anything, I mean I cant feel anything pleasurable - I don’t get any pleasure from masturbating (as my boyfriend has now left so we cannot have physical sex) and can only feel the toy move in and out of me, no where else in my body just my genital region ( although this doesnt affect my clit i dont think)
Hopefully that was easier to understand sorry for being so vauge initially!
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi 1uciaa, thank you for clarifying! I can understand your frustration with not feeling anything when masturbating. I just want to confirm--you did feel something when you and your partner had penetrative sex, correct? That being said, you might want to look into other forms of masturbation in the meantime. Sometimes our bodies get used to certain forms of masturbation and we just don't respond to them the same way as we used to. This is totally normal! We have an article that goes a little more into this, I can link it here: Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation. Also, you mentioned that you still have some sensation in your clitoris region, have you looked into forms of masturbation for that region of your body? Please let me know if any of this resonates with you, take care!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic