Scheduling a time

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Raffles
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Scheduling a time

Unread post by Raffles »

Hello,

It was suggested that I try the chat, and I'm interested in setting up a time. I've looked over the times the chat is open, and I am free during the Monday 10-12 and Friday 2-5 times. I do have a little concern about being able to respond immediately because I do have some trouble with reading comprehension so it takes me a little extra time to process and understand things.

If it helps to know what I'd like to discuss, it's about whether or not being out is necessary to be okay or valid. I feel that a lot of gender/trans advice assumes that eventually you come out and are accepted, but I'm realizing that I may never be able to come out or be accepted. I'm trying to figure out ways to be okay with that.

If that is not a good reason to chat or I am not a user that can use the chat, I completely understand.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Scheduling a time

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Raffles,

I'll be the one working chat from 10-12 today, so if you want to come in then I'm happy to talk with you about this!
Raffles
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by Raffles »

Unfortunately, my employer has blocked scarleteen on the wifi, and I’m unable to chat from my phone. Does Friday or Saturday work for anyone? I’m happy to set aside time on either day.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I will ping the folks who do chat later in the day on Friday and find out!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Hi Raffles,
I'll be the one working the chat shift from 2-5 Pacific on Friday! You're welcome to come in during that time. It's fine if you take a while to respond or if you ask for something to be rephrased so it's easier to understand; that's no problem at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic