Can this be possible ?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Itzmuneca
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m a great listener
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Can this be possible ?

Unread post by Itzmuneca »

Hi ! I’m new to this but I need an outside response to this. Almost a year ago I started dating my now boyfriend. When I went to my gynecologist appointment in October I found out I had HPV and Chlamydia. I told him my results and the person before him about my status. My doctor prescribed me medication for myself and my partner and previous partner. I got tested in November and June this year and have been negative on STDS but I still had an STI HPV. I went to urgent care because I started having weird discharge and pain again. I tested positive for BV this time and Chlamydia again. I was furious because I have been Monogamous. He claims he’s been faithful but he never got tested or retested after taking the medication when I first found out I had it. Is it possible to test negative these past times while him still having chlamydia and now just receiving a positive result??
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Can this be possible ?

Unread post by Michaela »

Hi Itzmuneca,

It is possible to have false negative chlamydia tests, although uncommon, and even more uncommon to have two false negatives in a row (although not completely impossible). It sounds like you did all the right things when you received your first positive test result. And I'm sorry that you are having to go through this again. Can I ask a little more about what your relationship is like with this person and how have your conversations around sexual health gone with him in the past?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic