Do I have low testosterone? (male)

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
sir_barstool
Awesomeness Quotient: I am resilient
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Straight

Do I have low testosterone? (male)

Unread post by sir_barstool »

Hi everybody, I am probably going to a doctor about this issue but in the meantime I would like your opinions and input of men who have gone through similar experiences. I am 20 and have no sex drive, masturbating feels good but I have no desire to do it most of the time and it feels like maintenance. Every time a woman comes onto me I kind of brush them off. I know I am not asexual because when I am masturbating I do feel attracted to the other sex. I have anxiety for most situations and I go through periodic phases of depression. The interesting thing though is that I have no trouble putting on muscle and I have a facial and physical build of someone who might seem to have “high testosterone”. Do you guys think it is a low T situation or something else. Thanks for reading.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Do I have low testosterone? (male)

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi sir_barstool,

So, while sex drive can be influenced by testosterone levels, it can also be influenced by a LOT of other things. For instance, some people (including people with otherwise standard testosterone levels for their gender) just have less interest in sex or experience less attraction overall. Things like anxiety and depression can also influence if or how you experience sexual desire, and from what you're describing it may be that those are playing a larger role here than hormones are.

Can I ask if you're bothered at all by the amount of attraction and desire you experience? Or are you pretty comfortable with that being where your baseline is?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic