Time period of painful clit after masturbation?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
HelloKitty92628
Pronouns: She her

Time period of painful clit after masturbation?

Unread post by HelloKitty92628 »

My clit started to hurt two days ago after masturbating. I understand it can hurt cos its too sensitive now. How long should the pain last and what can I do to reduce the pain?
Valerie J
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer and/or nonbinary lesbian

Re: Time period of painful clit after masturbation?

Unread post by Valerie J »

Hi!

Irritation after masturbation is not uncommon. I don't have an exact answer to how long the pain should last. If it is still painful in the coming days it may be worth talking to a doctor about. Does it speficially hurt in your clitirous or do you have other pains (painful urination, vaginal pain, etc)? Is the pain like a burning sensation? Was this from one masturbation session or a build up of a couple of days? Did you use anything that had not be cleaned beforehand?

In case the way you might be choosing to masturbate may be causing irritation, this is a good piece on just the basics of itGoing Solo: The Basics of Masturbation

Depending on how you masturbate, you could be causing irritation with friction. The best way to reduce friction is by using some for of a lubricant which you can find more about here: Lube 101: A Slick Little primer Let me know what you think!

Hope this helps. I look forward to your response.

- Val
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic